The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are dosage form of Midazolam?
- 1. Tablet
- 2. Syrup
- 3. Solution
Therapeutic Class of Midazolam?
Pharmacological class of Midazolam?
Benzodiazepine - Central Nervous System Depressant
Short or Intermediate Acting
What are the main uses for Midazolam?
- To produce:
- -Sleepiness or drowsiness
- -Relieve anxiety before surgery or certain procedures
Food that may increase the side effect of Midazolam?
Grapefreuit - because it may increase the pharmacologic activity.
Name some common Midazolam side effects?
- -Blurred Vision
- -Runny Nose, Sneezing
- -Amnesia or forgetfulness after procedure.
What are the respiratory effects of Midazolam?
- -Cardiorespiratory depression
- -Respiratory Arrest
- *All are extension of the drugs pharmacological activity.
- **(Note: Another study has reported that midazolam causes a decrease in tidal volume, an increase in breathing frequency and no change in minute ventilation in healthy volunteers. That study, however, did report a significant increase in CO2 retention following midazolam administration.)
Cardiovascular effect of Midazolam?
- -Alteration in blood pressure
- -Ventricular Irritability
- Reported most frequently:
- -Decrease in systemic vascular resistance