The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Routine QA program related documentation must be maintained in a secure location for a period of how many years?
QA inquiries and medical records related to a potentially compensable event and JAGMAN investigation must be maintained in a secure location at the local command for a min of how long?
What are the four main objectives of the QA program?
- Systematically monitor services
- Identify, assess and decrease risk to patients and staff
- Justify resources needed to maintain and exceed standards of pt care and service
- Identify educational and training needs
How often should the QA programs effectiveness be reviewed?
Monitoring and evaluation activities of the QA program include?
- Ongoing information collection
- Comprehensive monitoring
- Use of predetermined written criteria
- Evaluation of information collected for opportunities for improvement
Risk Management Program must include procedures describing review of what subjects?
- All malpractice claims
- JAGMAN investigations
- All PCEs
- Patient Complaints
Utilization Review includes?
- For inpatient fixed MTFs, planned review of care
- Policies on discharge planning
- Under, over or misuse of medical resources
- Equipment maintenance and procurement policies
For Inpatient fixed MTFs, what QA committees must be established?
- ECOMS. Responsible for all medical staff functions
- QA committee
- Safety committee
- Infection Control committee
For Fixed Ambulatory care medical facilities, what QA committees must be established?
What is the reporting requirement for fixed MTF and DTFs?
Must forward an annual assessment to MED-3C4 with a copy to the cognizant responsible line commander and HLTHCARE SUPPO to reach BUMED by 15 January
What is the reporting requirement for TYCOMS?
Must forward an annual assessment to MED-3C4 with a copy to the cognizant FLTCINC and HLTHCARE SUPPT to reach BUMED by 15 January