Card Set Information
555. What are two types of portable eductors?
Derbyshire and Peri jet
556. What is the primary purpose of eductors?
To remove water
557. What is the primary use of the P-100?
558. What cools the P-100 pump while it is being used?
559. What is the maximum lift that a P-100 pump can take suction?
560. What type of fuel does the P-100 utilize?
561. What does ESP stand for?
Electrical Submersible Pump
562. Submersible pumps are not designed for pumping what types of liquids?
Gasoline, heavy oils, or hot water
563. What is the maximum static head for the ESP?
564. When using ESP’s in tandem, which pump do you start first?
the bottom one
565. What does MPE stand for?
Maximum Permissible Exposure
566. Who sets MPE? What is it set for at default?
CO. 150 RADS
567. What does MOPP stand for?
Mission Oriented Protective Posture
568. How many MOPP levels are there? List them.
5; MOPP Level 0, 1, 2, 3, 4
569. What type of threads are on a C-2 canister?
570. What is the purpose of the M-256 A1 kit?
Used to detect Nerve, Blood, and Blister agents in vapor form.
571. What is the M-291 kit used for?
Skin decontamination kit. Dab onto skin, not rub.
572. What color does the M-9 paper turn when an agent is present?
573. At what MOPP level is M-8 paper posted?
MOPP level 2
574. What MOPP level are we at right now?
575. What does IPDS stand for?
Improved Point Detection System
576. What does CDU stand for? Where is it located?
Control Display Unit- DC Central
577. What does RDU stand for? Where is it located?
Remote Display Unit- Bridge
578. What is the difference between CDU and RDU?
Bridge doesn’t have controls, just the one in DC Central.
579. What type of system is the IPDS?
580. What does IPDS detect?
Chemicals, filters the air
581. What does CCA and DS stand for?
Contaminated Control Area; Decontamination Station
582. What is the difference between the CCA and DS?
: Take off ACPG suit
: Take off coveralls and shower
583. What does ACPG stand for?
Advanced Chemical Protective Garment
584. How long is an ACPG suit good for after it has been taken out of it’s original package?
585. What is HTH?
High Test Hypochlorite (Calcium Hypochlorite)
586. How many CCA’s do we have? Where are they located?
2; HB1 and HB3
587. How many DS do we have? Where are they located?
1 FWD by Repair 2 (male berthing)
2 Mid-ship (WEPS male berthing & Female Chief’s head)
1 AFT (RX male berthing).
588. What is the purpose of List Control?
To keep flight deck level so planes can land.
589. How many List Control tanks do we have?
590. How many pumps run List Control?
591. What type of water is in List Control tanks?
592. Where are the List Control pumps located?
4A Shaft Alley
593. What is the GPM for the List Control pumps?
594. Who operates List Control?
595. What 2 List Control tanks can hold the most water? Why?
113 & 165. Opposite side of the Island.
596. What do we use to determine the list?
597. What is the purpose of the Ram Fan?
To de-smoke a space
598. What powers the Ram Fan?
599. What safety precautions must be followed prior to energizing the Ram Fan?
Ground it to prevent shock from electro-static build up.
600. How many CFM does the Ram Fan move?
601. What type of Firemain do we have?
602. How many fire pumps do we have? How many are electrically driven? How many are steam driven?
23; 19 electric, 4 steam
603. How many Main Drainage Eductors do we have?
604. What is the purpose of Main Drainage?
Pump oil waste or water out of the bilges.
605. State the operating modes for CHT.
Inport, Underway, Transit
606. How many CHT tanks do we have?
607. How many CHT tanks are FWD, MID, and AFT?
3 FWD, 1 MID, 1 AFT
608. Where is the FWD CHT tank located?
Pump Room 1
609. What type of pump is used for CHT?
610. What is H2S? What does it smell like?
Hydrogen Sulfide; rotten eggs
611. How many HICAP AFFF stations do we have?
612. How many AFFF mixing stations do we have?
613. What is so special about AFFF mixing station 21?
614. What stations are injection pump only?
1, 2, 11, 12
615. What is the mixing ratio for Firemain and AFFF?
94% Firemain : 6% AFFF
616. What is the GPM for the injection pump?
617. What is the GPM for the BPP?
618. What does the Pancake Valve do?
Regulates AFFF and Firemain
619. What does SOPV stand for?
Solenoid Operated Pilot Valve
620. What does the SOPV do?
Energizes the AFFF station
621. How many volts is the SOPV?
622. How many reserve tanks do we have? Where are they located?
2; HB1- Port Side, HB3- STBD Side
623. Where are the reserve pumps located?
AFFF station 6 and 13
624. What is the GPM for the reserve pumps?
625. How many Halon Boards do we have?
626. What activates the Halon Board?
5Lb CO2 bottle
627. What does the 30 sec time delay mean?
628. Where are Halon Boards located?
FWD/AFT EDG, Pump Room 2, Pump Room 3, Shaft Alleys
629. White Halon Board Light?
Green Halon Board Light
Red Halon Board Light
Amber Halon Board Light
633. How many CO2 Fixed Flooding Systems do we have? Where are they located?
4; Hazmat storerooms (3 FWD, 1 AFT)
634. How do you activate CO2 Fix Flooding Systems?
Pull the T-shaped handle until you see red on the cable
635. How many SCBA recharge stations do we have? Where can they be found?
8; 1F, 1B, 1A, 2, 3, 7F, 7B
636. If we lose HP air, what do we use to fill the SCBA bottles?
EBACs (Emergency Breathing Air Compressors)
637. How many EBACs do we have? Where are they located?
2; 1 FWD- STBD Side, 1 AFT- next to Jet Shop
638. Who is the DCA?
639. Who is the DCA assistant to?
640. Who is the DCO?
641. Who is the FireMarshal?
642. What is the R&A Team?
Rescue and Assistance team; Back-up to the Flying Squad
643. What NSTM can you find information about surface ship fire fighting?
644. Name the sides of the fire triangle.
Oxygen, Fuel, Heat
649. If DC Central goes down, where is secondary central located?
650. How many Repair Lockers do we have? List them
10; 1A, 1B, 1F, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7A, 7B, 7F
651. What does PKP stand for?
652. What 2 sizes does PKP come in?
18 and 27 lbs
653. Effective range of PKP 18lb?
EFFECTIVE RANGE OF PKP 27LB
655. How does PKP extinguish a fire?
Interrupts the chemical reaction
656. What type of fire does PKP primarily put out?
657. What is the effective range of a CO2 extinguisher?
658. In continuous operation, how long does the 15lb CO2 extinguisher last?
659. Before you squeeze the lever to release the CO2, what must you do?
Ground the cylinder to the deck when discharging to avoid shock from static electricity.
660. How does CO2 extinguish a fire?
661. What are the best woods used for shoring and why?
Douglas fur & Yellow Pine; it expands as it absorbs water
662. What are the 2 sizes of metal shores?
3-5 FT, 6-11 FT
663. What is the vertical load strength of a 3-5 FT metal shore?
3FT: 20,000lbs; 5FT: 12,000lbs
664. What is the vertical load strength of a 6-11 FT metal shore?
6FT: 20,000 lbs; 11FT; 6,000lbs
665. List the different types of shoring?
I (Direct Pressure), H (No deck anchorage), K (Triangulation perpendicular)
666. What is the strongest type of shoring? What is the weakest?
Strongest: I ; Weakest: H
667. What does APC stand for?
Aqueous Potassium Carbonate
668. What is the APC system used for?
Protection from galley deep-fat and doughnut fryers and their exhaust system
669. How does APC extinguish a fire?
Combines with the hot cooking oil to cut the oxygen out
670. Where can you find APC?
671. Who carries the NFTI?
672. What does NFTI stand for?
Naval Firefighting Thermal Imager
673. How many batteries does the NFTI require (non-rechargeable) and how long does it last?
10 AA alkaline; 3.05 hrs
674. What type of battery does the NFTI use for rechargeable batteries and how long does it last?
Lithium Ion; 4.85 hrs
675. Who wears a 30 min SCBA bottle?
Investigators, Boundary Men, Access Men
676. Who wears a 45 min SCBA bottle?
677. What percent of air do you have left in your SCBA when the Vibra-Alert goes off?
678. Who is overall in charge of the hose team?