The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- The soldiers marched two abreast.
- side by side; in alignment; on top of; up-to-date; well-informed
- I found it impossible to absorb so much informations so quickly.
- forms: absorbed; absorbed; absorbing
- to suck up; take up; take in
- abundant supplies of food.
- plentiful; copious; profuse; full abounding with
- Each apartment can accommodate up to six people.
- to have enough space for sb/sth
- 2: During the conference, you will be accommodate in a nearby hotel.
- Children must be accompanied by adult.
- to go along with; to go together with; to join; to attach
Of your own accord
- He wans't sacked from his job, he left of his own accord.
- without being forced or asked
form: no plural
- the quality of being exact and correct.
- She acquired an American accent while living in New York.
- to get or to obtain
- a short word that is made from the first letters of a group of words.
- EX; TEFL is an acronym for teaching English as a Foreign Language.
- He was adamant that he had not made a mistake.
- عنيد stubborn, tenacious, obstinate, headstron
- He was quick to adapt to the new system.
- adapt, adjust, fit, conform
- a substance that is added in small amounts for a special purpose.
- ex; Food additives (= to add colour or flavour)
- very good or skillful at sth.
- Make sure that the paper adheres firmly to the wall. التصق
- 2; This rule has never been strictly adhered to by members of staff.
- التزم abide, adhere, involve, take on
- Her success is partly due to the backup she gets from her team.
- a strong reaction against a political or social event or development.
- رد فعل عنيف
- The company went bankrupt owing thousands of pounds. المفلس bankrupt, insolvent
- Noun; bankruptcy
- a formal dinner for a large number of people, usually as a special event at which speeches are made.
- مأدبة banquet, feast, function, junket, spread, repas
- strong wire sharp points on it:
- a barded wire fence.
- سلك شائك
- Let's make a bargain. I'll lend you money if you'll help me with my work.
- صفقة deal, transaction, package, bargain, buy, purcl
- adj; The overall cost of the work will be about £200. إجمالي total
- adv; Overall, I can say that we are pleased with the year's work.من الأول للآخر
- v; I bartered my watch for a guitar with a man in the street.
- قايض swap, trade, exchange, barter, give in exchange
- N; Spices were used for barter many years ago. مقايضة swap, barter, exchange, bartering, truck
- I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
- حامل bearer, carriage, trestle, support, incumben
- Used especially on menu " a drink"
- مشروب drink
- Most people don't go on working beyond the age of 65.
- further than, later than
- N; a bias against women drivers. انحياز bias, alignment, prejudice
- V; Good newspaper should not be biased towards a particular point of view. انحياز
- N; Can I have the bill, please ( in a restaurant) ? فاتورة
- V; أعلن advertise, announce, declare, state, report
- N; بطانية blanket, rug, wrap
- V; The countryside was blanketed in snow. غطى
N; I'm sorry I've made a terrible blunder. خطأ فاضح
N; مائدة board, bench
N; حملة campaign, drive, push, expedition
adj; صريح explicit, frank, open, outright, candid, honest
- We can capitalize on the mistakes that our rivals منافس have made.
- N; The ship was carrying a cargo of wheat.
- freight; luggage; baggage; loadحمولة
- N; We need a new carpet in the bedroom.
- سجادة rug
- N; a wooden vehicle with wheels that is used for transporting things
- عربة صغيرة
V; اندفع rush, lunge
ظهر لإول مرة first appearance in public
- N; the country is in decline. ; a process of becoming weaker, smaller ex ; a decline sales
- V; Thank you for the invitation but I'm afraid I have to decline. to refuse
- V; to give details about sth
- ajd; مفصل
- detailed, in detail
- itemized, exhaustiv