AIRCRAFT PREFLIGHT SAFETY FLOW (FO) SWA 737
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Logbook . . . Check:
- Aircraft #
- Systems/controls safe for power-up
- Extra blank MEL stickers
Circuit Breakers . . . Check
DC Meter Selector . . . BAT
- Panel will be blank
- CL- Observe battery voltage
Battery Switch . . . ON/Guarded
- Check DC Volts and DC Amps
- (No minimum voltage req'd for APU start)
- Flight deck dome light is now available
Fuel Panel . . . 1 Pump ON
Hydraulic Panel ELEC Switches . . . OFF
- Air Conditioning Panel . . . Check
- Pack switches and APU bleed switch - OFF
- Landing Gear Lever . . . Down, 3 Green
- (Also verify AFT overhead indicators)
Fire/Overheat Warning System . . . Test
AC Meter Selector . . . GRD PWR
- GND PWR AVAILABLE light indicates ground power is connected and meets aircraft power quality standards.
- (CL - Verify voltage and frequency are within limits and the GND PWR AVAILABLE light is on)
GRD PWR Switch . . . ON
NG - To prevent nuisance computer faults, ensure five seconds elapse between placing the battery switch ON and applying ground power.
- APU Switch . . . START
- (Originating flight, 5 minutes prior to push)
APU Generator Bus Switches . . . ON
When the APU GEN BUS light illuminates, place the APU GEN switches ON, verify the APU GEN OFF BUS light extinguishes.
(CL) Battery Charger . . . Check
IRS L and R . . . NAV
- (First Flight, refer to 4.10.1 Initial IRS Alignment Procedures)
- Verify the amber GPS light is not illuminated.
Electrical Panel . . . Set:
- GALLEY Power (as installed) - ON
- CAB/UTIL (as installed) - ON
- IFE/PASS SEAT (as installed) - ON
- STANDBY POWER - AUTO/Guarded
- Generator Drive DISCONNECT Switches - Guarded and Safetied
- Bus Transfer Switch - AUTO/Guarded
Emergency Exit Lights Switch . . . ARMED/Guarded
Environmental Controls . . . As Required
CDU . . . Check FMC Configuration
- On the IDENT page:
- Correct aircraft model
- FMC software version (U10.7 or later)
- Current active NAV database
CDU . . . Enter Present Position:
- POS INIT Prompt
- Verify correct date & time
- Enter 4-letter airport ID int REF AIRPORT line
- Enter Gate ID into the GATE line
- Select the gate coordinates to the SET IRS POS boxes.
- Flap Lever . . . Verify Position
- (WARNING: If not UP, determine why)
Parking Brake . . . Verify Set
Wheel Well Fire Warning . . . Check:
- Hold the test switch to OVHT/FIRE and verify the WHEEL WELL fire light illuminates.
- (Perform this check only if AC power was not available during the initial fire/overheat warning check)
- Exterior Lights . . . Check, verify proper operation of all lights.
- Leave the position and wheel well lights on for the exterior preflight inspection.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview