Papers for Exam 3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The effect of music therapy on anxiety in patients who are terminally ill
- -use of music therapy in comfort care is growing. however the research is in music therapy is limited.
- -the goal of this study was to examine the effectiveness of a single music therapy session in reducing anxiety for terminally ill patients.
- -they hypothesized that there would be a significant difference btwn the experimental and control grps on anxiety levels.
- -exp grp received a single music therapy intervention and control grp received a volunteer visit.
- -25 subjects with terminal illness in hospice were recruited.
- -hypothesis was supported
- -conclusion, study supports use of music therapy to manage anxiety in terminally ill pts.
Embedding health promoting changes into the daily lives of independent living older adults: follow up of occupational therapy intervention
- -The Well Elderly study was a randomized trial in independent living elders that found significant health function and quality of life benefits associated to preventative occupational therapy (OT)
- -long term benefit of preventative OT was found for the quality of physical, social and emotional functioning.
Following your heart or your head: focusing on emotions vs influence on decisions in younger and older adults
- -study researching manipulations emphasizing a focus on feelings would have an effect on decision making quality of younger and older adults.
- -60 older adults and 60 younger adults
- -presented participants with health care choices that required them to consider multiple pieces of info.
- -instructional manipulations had grps focus on either emotion or information focused.
- -younger adults did better in info focused and older adults did better in emotion focused.
- -found that the quality of decision making should take the age of the decision maker into account.
Ginny OT speaker
- -habit change and wellness
- - OT's help people have the skills of living
- -"flow" participating in activity that is meaningful to you, you get lost in it and dont feel ur pain.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview