Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Reagan Revolution
- Ronald Reagan-40th pres 1981-1989
- caused a political realignment both within and beyond the US in favor of his brand of American conservatism and free markets
- The Reagan administration is often credited with the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War after his departure from office, leading to a unipolar world with the U.S. as the world's sole superpower
a Republican Party method of winning Southern states in the latter decades of the 20th century and first decade of the 21st century by exploiting opposition among the once segregationist South to the cultural upheaval of desegregation and the Civil Rights movement
- French word meaning �release of tensions�
- period of relaxation developed in the early 1970s
- in public political rhetoric and political analysis, to describe the perceived impact of the domestic controversy over the Vietnam War on US foreign policy after the end of that war in 1975
- Since the early 1980s, the combination of a public opinion apparently biased against war, a less interventionist US foreign policy, and a relative absence of American wars and military interventions since 1975, has been dubbed Vietnam Syndrome
served as the 65th and 67th Governor of Massachusetts from 1975�1979 and from 1983�1991, and was the Democratic presidential nominee in 1988
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview