Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- A mess, a jumble, a heterogenous mixture.
- The current landscape is a hodgepodge ofvegetation.
Once a hodgepodge of stables and servants'quarters, the street is part of a neighborhood thatis now mainly full of businesses.
And yes, the fonts at the left sidebar are ahodgepodge of different fonts, typefaces andsizes.
conscious, able to perceive through senses
- (1) having the power of perception by the senses; conscious. (2) characterized by sensation and consciousness.
- In its maddening dash through the swirling dustthe machine takes on the attributes of a sentient thing.
He was such an asshole that my arms actually became sentient beings with a sense of justice and gave him a faceful of fist.
Look at someone-look into their eyes-and you can't fail to see the intelligent, sentient ,emotionally alive creature inside.
The suffering of sentient beings-humans and animals.
Many times companion animals are replaced with less sentient animals such as rodents.
- Awry: (pronounced uh - RYE like rye bread)
- (1) with a turn or twist to one side; askew: to glance or look awry. (2) away from the expected or proper direction; amiss; wrong: Our plans went awry.
- But when something goes awry , methylation can unleash a tumor by silencing a gene that normally keeps cell growth in check.
If something goes awry on a trip, phone this number for customer care.
Just looking for a little support in a world gone awry.
- A narrow, steep-sided valley commonly eroded by running water.
- 1. A gradual, natural reduction in membership or personnel, as through retirement, resignation, or death. 2. A gradual diminution in number or strength. “The company’s attrition rate was quite high.”
- Our club has had a high rate of attrition becauseso many members have moved away.
The enemy surrounded the town and conducted a war of attrition (gradually weakening the enemy).
Every zombie war is a war of attrition .
The Army has also slashed the rate of attrition for new soldiers.
He would like to reduce the attrition .
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview