- 1.Introduction of antigen triggers an immune response that produces antibodies. (Takes about a week)
- Antibodies are secreted into blood where
- they react with antigen still present in circulation, forming an antibody-antigen complex.
2.Next phase: Deposition of immune complex
Circulating Ab-Ag complexes are deposited in various tissue.
- What determines whether complex formation will lead to tissue deposition and
1.Complexes that are medium size
2.Formed in slight antigen excess
- 3.Tissue Injury caused by immune
- complex: Once in tissue, complexes
- initiate acute inflammatory response.