The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Blood is made up of?
- Plasma: 50% ish? guessing
- buffy coat: very small (white cells and platelet)
- RBC (hematocrit): 40-48%
What is the meaning of serum?
- other globulins
- clotting factors
serum is clotted plasma
Hematocrit is made up of?
What is the red cell count?
what is MCV?
- Hematocrit = RBC X MCV
- MCV: Mean RBC corpuscular volume(80-100fl)
- Red cell count: 5x10^9/ml
- White cell?:5x10^6/ml
- Platelets?:20x white cell count
average life span?
Components of RBC?
- membrane, cytoplasm, hemoglobin
- membrane has the ABO and Rh system
Name the types of leukocytes?
Granulocytes: neutrophils(segmented, polymorphonuclear PMN) basophils, eosinophils
mononuclear cells: monocytes, lymphocytes
White cell distribution?
- 60-70% neutro
- 5-10 monocyte
- 20-25 lympho
- 1% baso and eo
does it have lobes? What else is special?
What about granules?
- Segmented neutrophils
- 3-5 lobes with nuclear filament briges
- Primary granules(also secondary granules aka specific too)
- contains myeloperoxidase among others
- red-purple color on stain
- Also keep in mind that neutrophils are in the blood and they are on guard as back up. They die faster than macrophages
- 2-3 lobes, same size as neutro, coarse RED granules
- anti-parasitic, immune modulatory
granules in eosinophils and contain lots of bases
- contains large dark coarse granules
- mediate hypersensitivity