Block 5 Immunology
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Which set of proteins help neutrophils roll along the endothelium
p-selectin and Sialyl-lewis^x
- Tumor Necrosis Factor
- released by hyperactivated macrophages
- TNF signals itself to make more IL12
- TNF and IL12 both signal NK cells to make more IFNgamma and IL2
- IFNgamma is a signal from NK to macrophage to hyperactivate
- IL2 is a signal to itself(NK) to proliferate
- Per MCQ TNF also:
- Activates vascular endothelial cells
- increases vascular permeability
- increases entry of complement into tissue
- increase fluid drainage into lymph
- *these are all part of innate response
Need more details?
induces hepatic synthesis of of acute phase proteins and the fever response
DP thymocytes vs DN thymocytes
DP: is after it has picked the B over GD and CD 4 and 8 are made. But, now the competition between AB and GD restarts
DN: no CD 4 nor 8. Can go GD or B
productive vs nonproductive rearrangement
productive is a protein that is usable. I guess sometimes after rearrangement the product can be useless
- Ch 14.3 adjuvants
- activates macrophages after it has taken up adjuvant.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview