Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List indications of benzodiazepines (5)
- Anxiety disorders
- -Panic disorder
- Mood disorders
- -anxiety with depression
- -insomnia with depression
- -agitation with acute mania
- -mood stabilizer with bipolar
Sleep disorders (insomnia)
- -agitation with psychosis
- -catatonia (esp lorazepam)
- -EtOH w/drawal
What is the MOA of benzos?
GABA receptor agonists
Which benzos are used for panic disorder? (2) and why?
Which benzos are used for insomnia (3) and why?
- Fast-onset and short 1/2 life
Which benzos are less likely to accumulate toxic levels with liver disease (3) and why?
- Do not require oxidation in the liver
Which drug is a favored alternative to tx anxiety in pts with history of substance abuse?
What is the MOA of buspirone? (2) Is it fast-acting?
- 5HT receptor agnoist
- some D2 antagonist
- No - takes weeks to become effective
Does Buspirone have any GABA affinity?
Is Buspirone a sedative?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview