What is Science Vocab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1) The variable in a functional relation whose value is dependent upon, or influenced by, an independent variable.
(2) A factor whose value changes when the independent variable is changed.
(3) The variable whose value is measured to determine the extent of the effect of another variable to it, as in an experiment.
1) A sign or proof: something that gives a sign or proof of the existence or truth of something, or that helps somebody to come to a particular conclusion
1) A scientific test: a test, especially a scientific one, carried out in order to discover whether a theory is correct or what the results of a particular course of action would be
2) doing something new: an attempt to do something new or to see what will happen
3) use of repeated tests and trials: the use of tests and trials in order to make discoveries
1) theory needing investigation: a tentative explanation for a phenomenon, used as a basis for further investigation
2) assumption: a statement that is assumed to be true for the sake of argument
3) antecedent clause: in logic, the antecedent of a conditional statement
1) variable determining value of others: the variable in a mathematical statement whose value, when specified, determines the value of another variable or other variables
2) variable manipulated in an experiment: a variable that is manipulated in an experiment in order to observe the effect on another variable
1) A systematic description of an object or phenomenon that shares important characteristics with the object or phenomenon. Scientific models can be material, visual, mathematical, or computational and are often used in the construction of scientific theories
1) The act of noticing something or a judgment or inference from something seen or experienced
1) a forecast or a prophecy.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview