The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Was credited for establishing Public Health Nursing or home care.
- “Nursing is Love in action and there is no finer
- manifestations of it than the care of the poor
- and disabled in their own homes.”
The American Nurses
- The focus was on professional practice and standards of nursing practice
- Replaced the Nurses Associated Alumnae
- of the US and Canada
- It is the ONLY Nursing organization that
- includes lay citizens
This is the accrediting body for all schools of Nursing in the US.
Planned Parenthood and birth control
- was active in the protest movement that
- ultimately allowed women to vote in the U.S.
Currently active in the Nursing journal.
- This report pointed out
- shortcomings of the Nursing education and of Public Health Nursing. It cited
- the needs for Nursing education to become broader. Some Nursing Schools began
- to affiliate with institutes of higher learning
- Frontier Nursing service.
- Nurses traveled on horseback in rural Kentucky. This proved that Nursing could
- make an impact on the health of a community.
- The Great Depression were
- “…we have thousands of nurses unemployed,
- thousands more working twelve to twenty hours a day, and at the same time,
- people who need nursing care are going unnursed…’
Many nurses worked for room and board
Hill Burton ACT
- Hospital construction boom led to an increased demand for professional nurses to provide care in hospitals
- Montag is
- credited with the start up of the first ADN program.
National Student Nurse
- was founded to promote professionalism among
- developed their own Bill of Rights!
Membership is individual professional nurses
American nurse credentialing center
First case reported om 1981
Diagnosis Related Groups is a system for medical reimbursment
- THIS WAS A PROSPECTIVE PAYMENTSYSTEM RATHER THAN A RETROSPECTIVE OR COST BASED REIMBURSEMENT.
works under a RN or LPN
LPN - LVN
- This type of education has
- been in existence for over 100 years. Most of these programs last one year and
- include both classroom and clinical opportunities. Work under an RN
The first dipolma graduate