The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Voltage/ Volts (V)
- Measurement of electrical pressure
- (similar to psi in water pressure)
Amperage/ amps (A)
- Measurement of total number of electrons flowing.
- (similar to gallons as measurement of water flowing)
Wattage/ watts (W)
measurement of the amount of electrical energy or power in the arc.
Direct Current Electrode Negative
- -Electrode Negative, work positive
- -Electrons leave the electrode and go into work
- -1/3 heat electrode 2/3 heat on work
Direct Current Electrode Positive
- -Electrode positive, work negative
- -Electrons leave the work and go into the electrode
- -1/3 heat work 2/3 heat on electrode
- -Electrons change directions ever 1/120 second
- -heat is evenly distributed
- The arc voltage remains constant even in arc length and amps increase or decrease
- -Total welding current (watts) remains the same
- -voltage decreases as amps increase