Geog 3: First Half Readings
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington
- -The great divisions among humankind and the dominating source of conflict will be cultural, post Cold War
- -Islamic civilization is the most troublesome, their primary attachment is to their religion
Linguistic regionalism and the social construction of space in Belgium by Alexander B. Murphy.
- -territorial boundaries are employed to reinforce cultural difference
- -regionalism as a social construction
- -people in North and South Belgium have been shown images etc that focus on the regional level oppose to national level
- -language boundary functions as a barrier
- to movement between Flanders and Wallonia.
- -linguistic regionalism is having a negative impact on inter-regional interaction
The world’s major languages by Bernard Comrie, ed
-estimated that 4,000 languages are spoken today
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview