Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Social Construction of Reality
- 1.) Behavior is patterned and ordered
- -Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 2.) Rules/Norms guide our behavior
- -social distance - not standing too close
- 3.) Meaning is assigned to behavior by actors
- -classroom - student/teacher. good/bad
What is the definition of the Social Construction of Reality?
The process through which people create their environment and their understanding of their environment
What are norms?
(Informal vs. formal)
- ◦Any standard or rule that tells people
- how to act in specific situations.
- ◦Rules concerning appropriate and
- inappropriate behavior by which people are judged.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview