Weather: Chapter 1, Section 1 Air Around You
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The condition of the Earth's atmosphere at a particular time or place
The envelope of gases that surrounds the planet
WHAT IS EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE COMPOSED OF?
- 1. Nitrogen
- 2. Oxygen
- 3. Carbon Dioxide
- 4. Water Vapor
- 5. Many other gases
- 6. Particles of liquids and solids
WHAT IS THE MOST ABUNDANT GAS IN THE ATMOSPHERE?
WHAT IS THE SECOND MOST ABUNDANT GAS IN THE ATMOSPHERE?
A form of oxygen that has 3 oxygen atoms in each molecule instead of the usual 2
Water in the form of gas
WHY IS EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE IMPORTANT?
- Because it makes conditions on Earth suitable for living things
- 1. Traps sun's energy keeping earth's surface warm so water can't evaporate
- 2. Protects from sun's radiation
- 3. Protects earth's surface from most meteoroids
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview