Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name the 10 Personality Disorders
- 1. Antisocial
- 2. Avoidant
- 3. Borderline
- 4. Obsessive-Compulsive
- 5. Schizotypal
- 6. Paranoid
- 7. Schizoid
- 8. Narcissistic
- 9. Histrionic
- 10. Dependent
What is the definition of a personality disorder?
- · An enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly
- from the expectations of the individuals culture
- · The pattern must be in at least 2 of these areas: cognition, affectivity (emotions), interpersonal functioning or impulse control
- · Is pervasive and inflexible
- · Clinically significant (lower GAF score)
- · Is stable over time and has an onset in adolescence or early adulthood
- · Not due to another mental disorder
- · Not due to physiological effect of a drug
What words describe Cluster A personalities?
Odd or Eccentric, often suspicious, odd speech and seclusive
What word describes Cluster B personalities?
Dramatic, often involve acting out behavior, tantrums, self-abusive behavior and angry outbursts
What word describes Cluster C personalities?
Anxious, Often abnormal fears of social relations, separationa and need for control
What personality disorders encompass Cluster A
Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal
What personality disorders encompass Cluster B?
Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic
What personality disorders encompass Cluster C?
Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Compulsive
What are the "factors" of the Five Factor Model?
- Neuroticism (v. Emotional Stability)
- Extroversion (v. Introversion)
- Openness to Experience (v. Closedness)
- Agreeableness (v. Antagonism)
- Conscientiousness (v. Undependability)
What are the 3 polarities in Millon's theory?
What does introjection mean?
"To put inside"
What are the 3 perspectives Millon refers to?
Iterpersonal, Cognitive, Psychodynamic
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview