Card Set Information
Name the 10 Personality Disorders
What is the definition of a personality disorder?
· An enduring pattern of inner experience and behavior that deviates markedly
from the expectations of the individuals culture
· The pattern must be in at least 2 of these areas
: cognition, affectivity (emotions), interpersonal functioning or impulse control
· Is pervasive and inflexible
· Clinically significant (lower GAF score)
· Is stable over time and has an onset in adolescence or early adulthood
· Not due to another mental disorder
· Not due to physiological effect of a drug
What words describe Cluster A personalities?
Odd or Eccentric, often suspicious, odd speech and seclusive
What word describes Cluster B personalities?
Dramatic, often involve acting out behavior, tantrums, self-abusive behavior and angry outbursts
What word describes Cluster C personalities?
Anxious, Often abnormal fears of social relations, separationa and need for control
What personality disorders encompass Cluster A
Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal
What personality disorders encompass Cluster B?
Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic
What personality disorders encompass Cluster C?
Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-Compulsive
What are the "factors" of the Five Factor Model?
Neuroticism (v. Emotional Stability)
Extroversion (v. Introversion)
Openness to Experience (v. Closedness)
Agreeableness (v. Antagonism)
Conscientiousness (v. Undependability)
What are the 3 polarities in Millon's theory?
What does introjection mean?
"To put inside"
What are the 3 perspectives Millon refers to?
Iterpersonal, Cognitive, Psychodynamic