Med School Interview Part I
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- -Myriad of opportunities available (discovery in research, teaching, clinical work, numerous different fields to go into)
- - Fascination with the human body
- - Integration of hard science with meaningful
- interpersonal interaction
- - Hands-on, fast-paced
- - Opportunity to make positive impact on others that’s extremely meaningful
How do you know you want to be a doctor?
Describe cancer research
- 3: goal, purpose, what's new about the technique
- describe biomatrix scaffold & what it preserves (3)
(1) Goal: create ex vivo system to predict liver metastases from colorectal cancer using biomatrices to promote personalized care
- (2) Purpose: limit severity of primary tumor metasis by predicting and
- pretreating the predicted sites of metastasis.
(3) Isolation and preservation of biomatrix scaffolds gently without destroying tissue-specific characteristics that best mimics human tissue.
Biomatrix scaffold - tissue extract enriched in extracellular components that has been completely decellularized; tissue-specific NOT species-specific. Preserves collagens, matrix components, and soluble signals (i.e., growth factors and cytokines).
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview