I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and to bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter, so help me God.
I am a United States Sailor. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me. I represent the fighting spirit of the Navy and those who have gone before me to defend freedom and democracy around the world. I proudly serve my country's Navy combat team with Honor, Courage, and Commitment. I am committed to excellence and fair treatment of all.
Mission of the United States Navy
The mission of the United States Navy is to be prepared to conduct prompt and sustained combat operations at sea.
Mission of the United States Marine Corps
The mission of the United States Marine Corps is to be prepared to conduct amphibious operations and to seize and defend advanced naval bases.
Mission of Marine Corps Rifle Squad
To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy through fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault through fire and close combat.
Department of the Navy Objectives A
A. PROVIDE A TOTAL NAVAL WORKFORCE CAPABLE AND OPTIMIZED TO SUPPORT THE NATIONAL DEFENSE STRATEGY.
Department of the Navy Objectives B
B. USE THE NAVY-MARINE CORPS TEAM TO AGGRESSIVELY PROSECUTE THE GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM.
Department of the Navy Objectives C
C. BUILD THE NAVY-MARINE CORPS FORCE FOR TOMORROW.
Department of the Navy Objectives D
D. SAFEGUARD THE PEOPLE AND RESOURCES OF THE NAVY-MARINE CORPS TEAM.
Department of the Navy Objectives E
E. STRENGTHEN ETHICS AS A FOUNDATION OF EXEMPLARY CONDUCT WITHIN THE DON.
Department of the Navy Objectives F
F. PROVIDE FIRST-RATE FACILITIES TO SUPPORT STATIONING, TRAINING, AND OPERATIONS OF NAVAL FORCES.
General Orders to the Sentry 1
1. Take charge of this post and all government property in view.
General Orders to the Sentry 2
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.
General Orders to the Sentry 3
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
General Orders to the Sentry 4
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
General Orders to the Sentry 5
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
General Orders to the Sentry 6
6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Officer, Officer-of-the-Day, and Officers and non-commissioned Officers of the guard only.
General Orders to the Sentry 7
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
General Orders to the Sentry 8
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
General Orders to the Sentry 9
9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.
General Orders to the Sentry 10
10. To salute all officers, colors, and standards not cased.
General Orders to the Sentry 11
11. To be especially watchful at night and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.
Leadership Traits 1
1. Judgment - The ability to weigh facts and possible solutions on which to base sound decisions.
Leadership Traits 2
2. Justice - Giving reward and punishment according to the merits of the case in question. The ability to administer a system of rewards and punishments impartially.
Leadership Traits 3
3. Decisiveness - The ability to make decisions promptly and announce them in a clear, forceful manner.
Leadership Traits 4
4. Initiative - Taking action in the absence of orders.
Leadership Traits 5
5. Dependability - The certainty of proper performance of duty.
Leadership Traits 6
6. Tact - The ability to deal with others with respect.
Leadership Traits 7
7. Integrity - The uprightness and soundness of moral principles. The quality of truthfulness and honesty.
Leadership Traits 8
8. Endurance - The mental and physical stamina measured by one's ability to withstand pain, fatigue, stress, and hardship.
Leadership Traits 10
10. Unselfishness - Avoidance of providing for one's own comfort and personal advancement at the expense of others.
Leadership Traits 11
11. Courage - The mental quality that recognizes fear of danger or criticism, but enables one to proceed in the face of it with calmness and firmness.
Leadership Traits 12
12. Knowledge - The understanding of a science or an art. The range of one's information.
Leadership Traits 13
13. Loyalty - The quality of faithfulness to country, service, and to your seniors and subordinates.
Leadership Traits 14
14. Enthusiasm - The display of sincere interest and exuberance in the performance of duty.
Code of Conduct 1
1. I am an American fighting in the forces which guard my country and our way of life. I am prepared to give my life in their defense
Code of Conduct 2
2. I will never surrender of my own free will. If I am in command, I will never surrender the members of my command while they still have the means to resist.
Code of Conduct 3
3. If I am captured, I will continue to resist by all means available. I will make every effort to escape and aid others to escape. I will accept neither parole nor special favors from the enemy.
Code of Conduct 4
4. If I become a prisoner of war, I will keep faith with my fellow prisoners. I will give no information nor take part in any action which might be harmful to my comrades. If I am senior, I will take command. If not, I will obey the lawful orders of those appointed over me and will back them up in every way.
Code of Conduct 5
5. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number, and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.
Code of Conduct 6
6. I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.