cj 300 ch.1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- examining,including, or considering all elements or aspects.fully comprehensive.
- stated clearly and in detail leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
- extremely thorough exhaustive or accurate.
- an act of asking for information - an official investigation
- based on, concerned with or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.
- empirical research is a way of learning about crime and criminal justice.
- generalization: reasoning from detailed facts to general principles.
deduction: reasoning from the general to the particular.---->(a detail, individual item, used to single out an individual member of a specified group or class).
- relating to, measuring or measured by the quantity of something.
- relating to measuring, or measured by the quality of something rather than its quantity.describing the quality of something in size appearance value.
- how social science methods can be used to better understand crime and criminal justice problems.
- intention is to explain one case fully.
- when we complete an idiographic explanation we understand the many causes of what happened in a particular instance.
- pertaining to or involving the study or explication ----->( act of making clear or removing obscurity from the meaning of a word or symbol or expression) of individual cases or events.
- seeks to explain a class of situations or events not a single one.settles for a partial explanation rather than a full explanation of a type of situation.
- of or relating to the study or discovery of general scientific laws.
- formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole or sum; total.
- (combined actions & situations of many individuals.)
- (social scientific theories typically deal with aggregate not individual behavior)
- characteristics or qualities that describe some object.
- variable that depends on an independent variabledependent= sentence ( probation, prison)
- independent= type of defense attorney. (private or public defender)
- a variable that doesn't depend on another.
- (in cause-effect terms: the independent variable is the cause- and dependent is the effect)
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview