Card Set Information
1. He always tried to appear perfect and flawless.
1. I know that I'm deeply flawed and deeply WONDERFUL.
2. He always tried to appear dignified, controlled, composed, beautiful, elegant and correct.
2. I am really playful, odd, attractively awkward, like a curious and lovable child.
3. He took himself and his persona very seriously.
3. I really don't take myself very seriously at all.
4. He was highly self-conscious and always guarding himself.
4. I am finally relaxed, selfless, open, authentic; vulnerable with integrity. And it's so liberating.
5. He was always so careful, cautious, repressed, correct, restricted...
5. I am really curious, unafraid, daring, transgressive and unrestricted.
6. He was so judging, critical, cynical, bitter, elitist and selfish.
6. I am truly forgiving, loving, positive, happy and generous.
7. He was a real coward, always avoiding confrontation, always stepping back and letting others walk over him.
7. I am deeply courageous, brave, standing up for myself and standing up for my rights.
8. He would always say what "sounded good" and what he thought others wanted to hear.
8. I am totally honest and straightforward; saying what I really mean, with total integrity.
9. He always tried to live up to others' (presumed) expectations.
9. I totally do my own thing, and I don't care what others expect me to be or do.
10. He would always minimize himself so that he wouldn't step on anyone's toes.
10. I really take my needs and desires completely seriously and stand up for my right to them. (While of course respecting others.)
11. He would always avoid awkwardness at all costs, compromising and doing everything to make interactions "run smoothly".
11. I invite awkwardness (with calm and amusement), and I never, ever, compromise my integrity or my intentions just to make interactions "run smoothly".
12. He would avoid making mistakes at all costs.
12. I make many mistakes, and I recognise that they are human and lovable.
13. He would always hold himself back.
13. I express myself fully -- and shamelessly -- really going for what I really want.
14. He was always highly critical of himself, of others, and of the world in general.
14. I am highly positive and generous and accepting of myself, of others, and of the world in general.
15. He would see others as potentially threatening or annoying, people to either look down upon or be intimidated by (or both).
15. I see others as equals, as potentially interesting and sympathetic people to connect deeply with.
16. He was obsessed with there being "a right way to do things / behave, and if I don't do it tat way, I will look like a fool".
16. There is no right or wrong way to do anything. I do it my way, with pride, and damn it, I do it with total conviction. That's what makes it work.
17. He would always adapt, hold back, and compromise to be liked and accepted.
17. Fuck it. This is who I am. Take it or leave it. :)