Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
i.e. scant attention
- 1.very little, not enough
- 2. almost
- Respect or obey
- (the law, a decision, a rule)
- i.e. If you want to stay at this school,
- you must abide by the rules.
- Explain; give a reason
- i.e.I hope you can account for the money you spent!
Support; follow; act in accordance with
Take into consideration;Include in a calculation
- i.e.You'd better leave early to allow for
- heavy traffic.
1)Plead or make an earnest request.
- 2) Be attractive or interesting.
- 1) The organizers appealed to the crowd to stay calm.
- 2) Camping doesn't appeal to me.
avail (oneself) of
- Take advantage of something
- (an opportunity)
i.e.When the company is privatized, you should avail yourself of the opportunity and buy some shares.
- 1. To make known (something private or secret).
- 2. Archaic To proclaim publicly.
- 1. everyday, ordinary, or banal
- 2. relating to the world or worldly matters
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview