Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- necessary to make a whole complete; essential or fundamental.
- Example: "games are an integral part of the school's curriculum"
- denoted by an integer
- a function of which a given function is the derivative, i.e., which yields that function when differentiated, and which may express the area under the curve of a graph of the function
- involving the condition that a group of quantities connected by operators gives the same result whatever the order of the quantities involved, e.g., a × b = b × a .
- noun: cacophony;
- plural noun: cacophonies
- 1. a harsh, discordant mixture of sounds."a cacophony of deafening alarm bells"
egalitarian /iˌgaləˈterēən/ adjective
of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities."a fairer, more egalitarian society"
a word or expression used in a figurative sense
overly concerned with minute details or formalisms, especially in teaching.
"many of the essays are long, dense, and too pedantic to hold great appeal"synonyms:overscrupulous, scrupulous, precise, exact, perfectionist, punctilious
Heresy her-uh-see noun
opinion or doctrine at variance with the orthodox or accepted doctrine, especially of a church or religious system
opposite in nature or character; diametrically or mutually opposed: contrary to fact; contrary propositions.
Sojourn soh-jurn noun
a temporary stay: during his sojourn in Paris.
- verb (used without object)
- to stay for a time in a place; live temporarily: to sojourn on the Riviera for two months.
a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance, as in “A mighty fortress is our God.”
a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson.