Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1) Cases involving real estate?
2) All other cases?
- REAL ESTATE: Venue is proper in county in which real property is located
- ALL OTHER CASES: County were one of the parties resides at time action is commenced***
party is a NY resident when the action commences, venue is proper in any
What if π chooses an IMPROPER VENUE?
- ∆ can demand change of venue
- ∆ must serve demand for venue change BEFORE or WITH the Answer
- if π objects, ∆ must move court for change (motion will be granted if π chose an improper venue AND ∆ chose a proper venue)
If π chooses a proper venue, can venue still be changed?
YES, for either of the following reasons
- a) convenience of material witnesses
- b) reason to believe that an impartial trial cannot be held in the county were the action is commenced
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview