cj 300 ch2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- involving or occurring between separate conscious minds.INTERSUBJECTIVE AGREEMENT: norm of science where different researchers studying the same problem arrive at the same conclusion.
- quality of being objective.(consistent with agreement reality from ch.1)
- done or acting according to a fixed plan or system.
- based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.SUBJECTIVITY- judgement based on individual personal impressions and feelings and opinions rather than facts.
- based on concerned with or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic.
- a systematic explanation for observed facts and laws that describe and predict.( systematic explanation for observed facts and laws that relate to a particular aspect of life)
- a specified expectation about empirical reality derived from propositions.
- hypothesis testing- observations aimed at finding out..
- a fundamental perspective or model that organizes our view of the world.(general point of view--> a frame of reference or paradigm)
*review : inductive reasoning-
- particular instances to general principles, from facts to theories.induction-one starts from observed data and develops a generalization that explains the relationships between the objects observed.
*review: deductive reasoning-
- from general to the particular, applying a theory to a particular case.
- (deduction) reason towards observation.
- not fully worked out, not certain or fixed.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview