Anatomy Chapter 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the components of Microscopic Anatomy?
- Cytology-study of cells
- Histology-study of tissues
What are the components of Macroscopic Anatomy?
- Systemic-the body systems
- Regional-body systems in specific body regions
What is Developmental Anatomy?
Embryology- formation of the body from a single cell
What is Comparitive Anatomy?
Comparing similar body structures in different organisms
What is Pathological Anatomy?
The study of tissue damage and change due to disease
What is Radiographic Anatomy?
Using radiation to capture images of the body and being able to interpret and understand them
What is Surgical Anatomy?
The process of entering and reaching specific parts of the body
What are the levels of organization?
- Organ System
What are the properties and processes of living things?
Responsiveness and sub-components
- The ability to react to stimuli
What are the components of growth?
- -Increase in size due to increase in number of cells
- -Differentiation, specialization to perform specific functions
- -Reproduction, creating identical or similar organisms
- -Movement, either internal or external
What is Metabolism and its components?
- All of the body's chemical processes
- -Catabolism-break down molecules
- -Anabolism-build up molecules
What is an organ system?
A collection of cells and tissues with similar functions and specialized tasks
What are the 11 organ systems?
What is the Integumentary System primary parts and function
skin, hair follicles, sweat glands, nails
protect against environmental hazards and regulates body temperature
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview