Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Two types of adaptive immunity
- Humoral (mediated by B lymphocytes)
- Cell-mediated (mediated by T lymphocytes)
Two types of Cell mediated T lymphocytes
- CD4+ (helper T cells)
- CD8+ (cytotoxic T cells)
Two types of CD4+ helper T cells
- Type 1--activates macrophages
- Type 2--activates B cells
Two types of immunization
- Passive (instant immunity, can decay rapidly, transfer of pre-formed antibodies i.e. prevent rabies)
- Active (administer antigen, requires days to weeks to develop)
Where are MHC I (recognized by CD8) found?
all nucleated cells
Where are MHC II (recognized by CD4) found?
B cells, dendritic cells, and phagocytic cells
- mucous secretion
- vascular permeability
- nasal congestion
- runny nose
- postnasal drip
- pruritis (itching) of nasal and oral mucosa
- plugged ears
- Hives (urticaria)
- angioedema (blood vessel wall swelling)
- tachycardia (elevated heart rate)
- asphyxia along with skin symptoms of urticaria (hives)
- laryngo-edema (swelling of larynx)
- edema of GI smooth muscle leading to abdominal pain.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview