Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
When is apparatus hose change performed?
On the day of the month corresponding with the station's number (ie. Engine 5 changes hose on the 5th of each month)
Who must be notified of a loss of driver's licence?
What times are considered late and failure to report when beginning a shift?
- 07:00 to 07:29 is considered late
- 07:30 and after is considered failure to report
What happens if you fail to report?
You cannot resume duty until you have spoken with the Platoon Chief. You are to report to the Platoon Chief's office as soon as possible for his decision.
What are the hours of drill for 24 hour shifts?
- 09:00 to 12:00 hours
- 13:00 to 16:00 hours
- 18:00 to 21:00 hours
How much time is allotted for meals on a 24 hour shift?
One hour per meal, at the discretion of the Officer.
When is the dormitory time on a 24 hour shift?
22:00 to 06:30 hours
How many buttons are to be done up on a Class B uniform?
- With a tie - all buttons done up
- With no tie - only top button may be left undone
Describe the three uniforms worn while on duty
- Class A - full dress
- Class B - navy pants, black belt, black socks, collared shirt and HFD badge, nameplate, insignia, etc.
- Class C - same as B but with an HFD t-shirt instead of collared shirt
When is all PPE to be inspected?
Each Friday shift
How much drill is required of each FF during a year?
At least 180 hours, 60 practical and 120 theory
Who could a FF request a trade with?
Any FF regardless of class
How far should apparatus leaving the station be from the overhead doors before the doors can be closed?
Who is allowed in the apparatus while reversing? Where should other personnel be stationed?
Only driver inside apparatus while reversing, other crew members are behind and in front directing
Where should you stand if designated to direct traffic on an emergency scene?
Take a position other than on the travelled portion of the street (go on the sidewalk, in a driveway, etc.)
When parking apparatus outside of the station what does a driver need to do? What does the driver need to do before moving a parked apparatus?
- Chock the wheels
- Place pylons in front and behind of apparatus
- Remove wheel chocks and pylons
- Complete a circle check prior to moving
Where should you park an apparatus while performing inspections?
- Two-way street - right hand side
- One-way street - side of street on which inspection is being conducted
When should seat belts in apparatus be worn?
Whenever apparatus is driven. Driver must announce all personnel are belted prior to moving apparatus
Describe the process followed if an aerial apparatus comes into contact with electrical wires
- If possible, move aerial away from wires
- All personnel must remain on apparatus
- Notify company officer, place apparatus 10-7
- Officer will notify IC who notifies Senior Officer who notifies Chief Mechanical Officer
- Mechanical will respond and take charge of apparatus on scene
- Tires will be purged of air and refilled on scene
- Mechanical will take apparatus to Station 13 for inspection/repair
Describe the process when aerial waterways are used
- Ensure unit is fully extended and positioned below 0 degrees horizontally
- Flush thoroughly with clean water
- Any nicks/gouges on outside diameter of water pipes must be removed with emery cloth
- Clean outside of tubes with Varsol/kerosene
- Dry and lubricate tubes with water pipe lubricating fluid (obtained from Mechanical)
When is the air brake check conducted and what should you do prior to conducting the air brake test?
At the beginning of each shift; ensure the wheels are chocked and the parking brakes are released
When are fluids checked on apparatus?
At the beginning of each shift and after long periods of operation
Whose responsibility is it to ensure all equipment is accounted for prior to leaving a scene?
When are life safety ropes inspected?
First day of each month
What process is followed when life safety rope is used on an emergency scene?
- Officer of apparatus removes rope from service
- Rope will be sent to Station 6 with a tag indicating any weight loads placed on the rope, abrasions encountered, and any other relevant details which may have affected the rope
- Two members of Technical Rope committee will review rope condition and determine the capacity in which the rope may be used
- Decision is documented, distributed to all Technical Rope committee members as well as to Station where rope belongs
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview