Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is a position Vector?
A vector that's tail is at the origin and Head is at some point (V1, V2)
What is the Position Vector of points Q(-2,1) and U(6,5)?
The position vector is
with the tail at the origin (0,0) and head at (8,4)
Find two vectors that are both parallel and 3times the magnitude/length of V. V=<V1,V2>
Two vectors parallel to V are
How can a Vector be Orthogonal to another?
Two vectors can be Orthogonal if and only if U⋅V = 0
What are the two forms of the DOT product?
What are the properties of the DOT Product?
- U⋅V = V⋅U Commutative property
- C(U⋅V) = (CU)⋅V = U⋅(CV) Associative property
- U⋅(V+W) = U⋅V+U⋅W Distributive property
1. If you have projection U onto V (ProjVU) how would you represent the length of the projection?
2. What would the vector created by the projection then be represented by? (Magnitude ⋅ Direction)
also known as the scaler comp
- NOTE: may need to sub out using DOT product equations.
1.) Equation of a Sphere?
2.) Equation of a Ball?
What is the distance formula for 3D space?
If you are given Point P and point M, what is vector
Scaler Mult. When C is a constant.
What is the magnitude of a Vector?
The Length of the vector
is the distance from P to Q therefore mag. is
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview