Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Hodgkin's Lymphoma survivors...
- with radiation therapy...
- 1% risk/year for developing solid tumor
- lifetime risk for recurrent Hodgkin's limphoma is only 2%
sx vary by location
- body and tail: pain, weight loss
- Head: obstructive jaundice, seatorrhea, weight loss
- Gallstones in the common bile duct
- Sx: severe, acute RUQ pain; jaundice
- Most patients have cholelithiasis
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- chronic idiopathic progressive disease of intrahepatic and/or extrahepatic bile ducts
- Thickening of bile duct walls and narrowing of lumen
- cirrhosis, portal hypertension, liver failure
- Strong association with UC
- Normal, or minimally elevated bilirubin
- best chance for a cure in patients with cancer of the head of the pancreas
- alternatives: endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography with brachytherapy (palliation)
Metastatic pericardial disease (effusion)
Breast and Lung cancer are the most common cause of malignant pericardial disease
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview