Ground Control 3
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
A slant line written through the number zero is required on all ___________ data.
When do you solicit a pirep?
- Ceiling/Vis/Thunderstorm/Wind sheer/ Icing/ Turbulence/(Terminal)Braking Actions/Volcanic/When Requested
When would you operate the runway edge lights at night for a departing a/c?
Before an aircraft taxies onto the runway and until it leaves Class B/C/D Surface area.
On a flight strip, what block do you place the B in and what does it stand for?
Box 14; Center Clearance Delivered
What does CAF mean?
Cleared as Filed.
Whats the "check" mark mean ?
Write the following:
-Clearance void time
-Contact "Facility" or "freq"
-pilot resumes own nav.
- -"check mark"
- -RV with cross thru V.
-Standard radar climb out 6
-Standard radar climb out 24
When do you operate the approach lights?
- When vis is less then 5 SM, or ceiling less then 1000'
- -approach is being made to rwy
- -approach being made to the rwy served by the lights, but a/c will land on a different rwy.
- -approach is being made to an a/p but aircraft will landing on the rwy being served by the lights.
When are you required to operate the rotating beacon ?
- -During the day, when ceiling and vis are below basic VFR mins.
- -Between sunset and sunrise.
Lowest usable Flight levels in Jap?
What is significant PIREP info?
- -strong frontal activity
- -squall lines, thunderstorms.
- -light to severe icing
- -wind sheer and turbulence
- -volcanic eruption or ash
- -other conditions pertinent to flight safety.
Rwy 24 approach light length?
I don't remember
What is preplanning accomplished in?
What is included in the suffix of the callsign for an aircraft piloted by solo USAF/USN undergrad students ?
What goes in box 18 for an IFR arrival Strip ?
What is recorded in a pirep?
- T- Time
- T- Type
- A- Altitude
- P- Position
When do you restart the ATIS code at Alpha?
After 12 hours or more of no ATIS, and after Z.
Indicate a/c identity by using combinations of alphanumeric characters not to exceed how many digits?
What is contained in an ATIS ?
- A/p or Facility NAme, Phonic letter code, time of wx sequence.
- Weather info(wind direction and velocity, vis, obstructions to vision, present wx, sky condition, temp/dew pt, altimeter, a density altitude advisory when appropriate and other pertinent remarks.
What is the receiver only acknowledgement for a helo during the day ?
- While hovering; either turn the helo toward the controlling fac and flash the landing lights or rock the tip path plane.
- While in flight; either flash the landing lights or rock the tip path.
- Visual App
- Contact App
- Missed App
- Surveillance App
- Precision App
Who should the pilot contact is he/she desires to change their flight plan from IFR to VFR ?
What is the callsign for a Naval a/c carrying the Vice Pres family?
How long must a statement concerning Low Level Wind shear/Microburst activity be contained on the ATIS?
20 minutes following the last reported occurrence.
Do not use the remarks section of flight progress strips in lieu of ___________ ______ to pass control info.
In regards to clearance abbreviations, what does a "Z" mean?
When do you operate taxiway lights during the day?
less then 1 mile vis
When the prevailing visibility at the usual points of observation, or at the tower level, is less then ___ miles, tower personnel must take prevailing visibility observations and apply the observations.
Alternating red and green (general warning)
- A/c are converging and a collision hazard exists.
- Mechanical trouble exist that the pilot may not be aware of
- other haz conditions exist.
What is one occasion in which you, as a controller, may issue specific weather values such as ceiling and vis ?
- You are a properly cert and acting as official wx obsever for the element being reported.
- You have obtained the information from the official observer.
- The weather report was composed or verified by the wx station.
- The information is obtained from an official AWOS or ASOS.
Operate the app lights during the day when vis is _____
5 miles or less.
What does HIWAS stand for ?
Hazardous Inflight Weather Advisory Service.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview