Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What is the definition of a boiler ?
A closed vessel in which water is heated under pressure to create steam.
What is the definition of a pressure vessel?
A vessel in which the pressure is obtained from an external source or by the application of heat from an indirect source or from a direct source, other than a vessel defined as a “Boiler” in this section.
How often must boilers be inspected
Boilers operating over 15 psi shall be inspected internally and externally every year
How much notice is required to prepare a boiler for inspection?
- 14 days for an internal inspection
- no notice is required for an external inspection
How does Chapter 146 determine boiler horsepower ?
- Rating on manufacturers tag
- Steam output on tag lbs/hr divided by 34.5
- BTU/hr input divided by 41,840
- BTU/hr output divided by 33,475
How does Chapter 146 determine engine horsepower ?
- P.L.A.N. divided by 33,000
- P=pressure constant (40, 50, 70)
- L= length of stroke
- A= area of high pressure piston
- N= number of strokes per minute
What can you do with a Second Class Fireman's license ?
Operate a boiler or boilers under the engineer or fireman in direct charge thereof
What information is on the certificate of Inspection ?
- Name of owner or user
- location, size and number of boiler
- date of inspection and signature of inspector
Where is the operator's license kept ?
In the engine or boiler room of the plant operated by the licensee
What boiler horsepower requires periodic attendance ?
9 to 250 HP
What boiler horsepower requires non-continuous attendance ?
251 to 500 hp
What boiler horsepower requires continuous attendance ?
Boilers with 501hp or more
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview