Patterns of Respirations
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
12-20 breaths per minute - regular
- > 24 breaths per minute, shallow.
- associated with fever, anxiety, exercise, respiratory disorders
- < 10 breaths per minute
- associated with depression of the respiratory center by medications, brain damage
- increased rate and depth
- associated with extreme exercise, fear, diabetic ketoacidosis, overdose of aspirin
- decreased rate and depth, irregular
- associated with overdose of narcotics or anesthetics
- alternating periods of deep, rapid breathing followed by periods of apnea (no breathing); regular
- associated with drug overdose, heart failure, increased intracranial pressure, renal (kidney) falure
- varying depth and rate of breathing, followed by periods of apnea (no breathing); irregular
- associated with meningitis, severe brain damage
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview