Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
QSEN stands for:
- Quality and Safety in Nursing Education
- Focused on transforming basic education for nurses
founded by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
to alter nursing's professional identity so that when we think of what it means to be a respected nurse, we think not only of caring, knowledge, honesty, and integrity, but also commitment to the development and assessment of quality and safety competencies.
- patient centered care
- teamwork and collaboration
- evidence based practice
- quality improvement
Patient centered care
- patient is in control and is a full partner; care is based on respect for patient's preferences, values and needs
- consider patient's cultural preferences
- provide pain relief
- involve families in care
Teamwork and collaboration: SBAR
- Situation: what is going on with the patient?
- Background: what is the clinical background or context?
- Assessment: what do i think the problem is?
- Recommendation: what would i recommend?
Two challenge rule
- invoked when an initial assertion is ignored
- it is your responsibility to assertively voice your concern at least two times to ensure that it has been heard
- the member being challenged must acknowledge
- if the outcome is still not acceptable:
- take a stronger course of action
- use supervisor or chain of command
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview