Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what kinds of questions do geographers ask?
- 1. how people modify their landscape
- 2. spatial analysis ( look for patterns and variations over space
- 3. connections between people and their environment
what are the different subfields in geography?
- -human geography
- -physical geography
- -technical geography
what are the 5 cultural markers?
- gender roles
- religion and belief systems
- material culture and technology
what is lingua francas?
- Lingua Franca is the language used for international trade today
what is the difference between folk culture, global culture, and ethnic groups?
Folk Culture:preserves tradition;usually located in rural areas, traditional culture, more popular in urban areas than rural.Ethnic Group: a group of people with a common ancestry and cultural traditionex: German American, African American, Mexican American.Global Culture: Cultural Homogeneity: the belief that as people migrate and ideas diffuse an overall similarity between culture groups will occur. ex mcdonalization/walmart
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview