Physiology chapters 2-5
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are conjugated proteins?
Protein molecules combined with another type of molecule. Not all biomolecules are purely of one category.
What is the biochemistry of Lipids?
- Made mostly of Carbon and Hydrogen
- Most have a backbone of glycerol
- They are nonpolar so not soluble in water
What is glycerol?
- A 3 C molecule that makes up the backbone of most lipids.
- It is also polar unlike the rest of the parts of lipid molecules.
What is the biochemistry of carbohydrates?
- Most abundant biomolecule
- Made up of mostly C, H, and O
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview