The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Critical Care Nursing
-specialty that deals specifically with human responses to life-threatening problems.
Critical Care Nurse
a licensed professional nurse who is responsible for ensuring that acutely and critically ill patients and their families receive optimal care.
managed care organizations and their providers are obligated NOT TO HARM their members.
faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support
respect the rights of other individuals to freely determine their own choices and decisions.
fair and equal treatment
- -living longer (more comorbidities, DM, BP, etc.)
- -more complex
- =multi-system organ dysfunction
- =complicated by aging population
- -increased costs for care
- =nurses challenged to decrease costs and length of stay
- =transfer of higher acuity patient from the CCU to other units or home.
Communication important to reduce errors