Needle Thoracocentesis - Underpinning Knowledge
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- FLAPS TWELV
- F - Feel
- L - Look
- A - Auscultate
- P - Percuss
- T - Tracheal Deviation - Preterminal Sign
- W - Wounds
- E - Surgical emphysema
- L - Laryngeal crepitus (Absent)
- V - Venous Distension
- Patient Distressed
- Intercostal vascular damage
- Nerve damage
- Incorrect placing may damage the lung
- Less effective in patients with substantial fatty chests / muscular - consider mid-auxilla 4/5 intercostal space for this.
If the patient is intubated, check that the tube placement to make sure that R main bronchus is not only being ventillated.
Extreme caution should be exercised with bilateral chest decompression, in patients who are not being ventillated with positive pressure ventillation.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview