Needle Thoracocentesis - Underpinning Knowledge
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- FLAPS TWELV
- F - Feel
- L - Look
- A - Auscultate
- P - Percuss
- T - Tracheal Deviation - Preterminal Sign
- W - Wounds
- E - Surgical emphysema
- L - Laryngeal crepitus (Absent)
- V - Venous Distension
- Patient Distressed
- Intercostal vascular damage
- Nerve damage
- Incorrect placing may damage the lung
- Less effective in patients with substantial fatty chests / muscular - consider mid-auxilla 4/5 intercostal space for this.
If the patient is intubated, check that the tube placement to make sure that R main bronchus is not only being ventillated.
Extreme caution should be exercised with bilateral chest decompression, in patients who are not being ventillated with positive pressure ventillation.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview