EX:1 SECOND PART anatomy lab
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
1. Right Hypochondriac Region 2. Epigastric Region 3. Left Hypochondriac Region 4. Right Lumbar Region 5. Umbilical Region 6. Left Lumbar Region 7. Right Iliac (inguinal) Region 8. Hypogastric (pubic) Region 9. Left Iliac (inguinal) Region
major subdivisions of the body parts
axial and the appendicular parts of the body.
axial body part
- -one of the major subdivisions of the body parts
- - makes up the main axis of the body
- -cephalic, cranial and facial
- - cervical which supports the cephalic and attaches it to the trunk
- - trunk :thoracic, abdomen, pelvis
appendicular body part
- major subdivisions of the body parts- upper n lower limbs which are attached to the body's axis by girdles
DORSAL BODY CAVITY — 2 major subdivisions
Cranial cavity − contains brain that is encased by skull.
- vertebral (or spinal) cavity − contains spinal cord* that is enclosed by the bony
- vertebral column.
(*The spinal cord is a continuation of the brain)
VENTRAL BODY CAVITY — 2 major subdivisions
Thoracic cavity − contains the lungs & the heart, which is protected by the rib cage
- Abdominopelvic cavity − is separated from thoracic cavity by the
- diaphragm, a dome-shaped muscle.
thoracic cavity- 2 subdivisions
a. (lateral) pleural cavities − contains the lungs
- √ b. (medial mediastinum, which contains) pericardial cavity − encloses the heart
- and surrounds the esophagus, trachea, &
- other thoracic organs.
Abdominopelvic cavity − is separated from thoracic cavity by the
diaphragm, a dome-shaped muscle.
- Divided into 2 regions or parts: not physically separated by a muscular or membrane wall.
- a. (Superior part) abdominal cavity − contains the stomach, intestines, spleen,
- liver & other organs.
- b. (Inferior part) pelvic cavity − contains some reproductive organs, bladder, & rectum.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview