Physics 2 Force.txt
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- author "me"
- tags ""
- description ""
- fileName "Physics 2 Force"
- freezingBlueDBID -1.0
- Define mass. Define inertia
- Mass: the quantitative measure or an objects inertia
- Inertia: the tendency of an object to remain in its present state of motion
What are the four forces in nature
- Strong and weak nuclear forces
Define Newtons laws
- 1: law of inertia. Objects request changes in motion
- 2: F=ma which means change in motion/acc is inversely proportional to the size of the object and the force required to change the motion is directly proportional to the size of the object
- 3. Equal and opposite reaction, the opposite reaction never occurs in the reaction system
Give the equationa for centripetal acceleration and centripetal force
What is the equation for force exerted by friction. What are the friction types
- Ff=(friction coefficient)(normal force)
- Static and kinetic, static is stronger
Define Hooke's law
- The force exerted by a material is proportional to a constant times the amount of displacement experienced by the material by an external force
How to calculate center of mass and center of gravity
- Center of mass: Multiply each mass by the distance from any one point on the object and sum them together. Divide this sum by the tot mass.
- Center of gravity: use same equation, but substitute weight for mass.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview