cj 425 ch. 6
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation.individual choice or judgment.
- (the authority to make a decision between two or more choices)
- a required behavior or action.
- (may involve situations in which the officers knows that the job requires a particular action but feels that action is either inconvenient or a waste of time)
- telling the truth.
- (honesty versus the need to effect an arrest and bribery)
- officers must decide what to do when faced with the wrong doing of other police officers.
- type of fee-for-service for public functions.
- (gratuities create a public perception that police are corrupt)
- something given voluntarily or beyond obligation usually for some service.
- situations in which it is difficult to make a decision either because the right course of action is unclear or the right course of action carries some negative consequences.
- concerned with the relative costs and benefits of arrest versus some other intervention.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview