Bible Verses 1
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards
. What would you like to do?
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Do not be anxious
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Blessed is the one
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wickedor stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in seasonand whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
All Scripture is God-breathed
- All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- 2Tim 3:16-17
The wise in heart
- The wise in heart will receive commands,But a prating fool will fall.
- Proverbs 10:8
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart,And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him,And He shall direct your paths.
- Provers 3:5-6
Therefore, I urge you, brothers
- Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Rom 12:1-2
For God so loved the world
- For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- John 3:16-17
For all have sinned
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Romans 3:23
The wages of sin
- For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Romans 6:23
Always be prepared
- But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.
- 1Peter 3:15-16
Justified through faith
- Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings,because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
- Rom 5:1-5
No temptation has overtaken you
- No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- 1Corinthians 10:13
Blessed are the pure
- Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God.
- Matthew 5:8
Be ye holy
- Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- 1Peter 1:16
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview