Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Body of Knowledge
Called a knowledge base
provides the rationale (why) the nursing interventions
Evidence based care
Sources of Knowledge
- Traditional- passed down from generation
- Authoritative- comes from an expert
- Scientific- arrived thru scientific method
nursing focuses on scientific knowledge commonly called evidence based care.
Research in Nursing- to improve care and to advance nursing profession
Clinical nursing journals
Nursing research journals
this helps to make nursing easy.
- Arrange a group of statements/concepts (thoughts, ideas) so they give meaning to a series of events
- - developed to describe nursing
- who we are, what we do, why we do it
- - Four concepts common to most nursing theories
- person (pt), environment, health, nursing
Nursing theory- manying nursing theorist and theories
- Provides uniform approach to nursing practice
- serves as a guide so people respond in a consistent manner
provides a foundation/organization for the educational plan in schools of nursing
serves as a guide for all phases of nursing process.
Joint Commission fo Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations JCAHO
concerns for patient safety
panel of patient safety experts
identifies patient risk
NPSC determines highest priority and makes suggestions to Jcaho
Patient Id - Goal 1
use two patient identifiers
ex name and birth
applied to giving meds, labeling specimen, drawing specimen, receiving blood
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview