The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- a thing with distinct and independent existence.
- the relationship with tribes and the federal government.(dates back to the treaty-making era, when, in exchange for land transfers, the U.S. government agreed to over see assets in the best interest of tribes)
U.S. Commission on Civil Rights 2003-
- the federal obligation to Native Americans is a matter of both moral and legal imperative.
- (morally-obligation arises from land,rights,and lives taken by force, oppression and subjugation.)
- (legally- duty for the oversight of assets= tribal trust funds, mineral and other natural resources.)