Gov chapter 2 p3
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Two major weaknesses of the Articles of Confederation are:
- -Did not have the power to tax or regulate trade
- -Needed 9/13 states to pass laws and 13/13 to change it
Events such as Shay’s rebellion led to the demand for a stronger national government because
- -those with the most to lose felt afraid of losing our country to anarchy.
- -Daniel Shays led a rebellion and overtook a federal arsenal.
_________is called the “Father of the Constitution” because
James Madison, he wrote most of it.
The Virginia Plan
favored the large states because of population
The New Jersey Plan
favored the smaller states who wanted equal representation
The Connecticut Compromise was called the __________ because
- “Great Compromise”
- it solved the biggest debate, which was over how to determine representation.
The three sources from which the Framers drew inspiration were.
- -History of Rome and England
- -Philosophies of Locke and Hobbes
- -Their experience in government
Ben Franklin and James Madison felt that the new Constitution was
not perfect, but as close as it could be.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview