The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
what is in stratum basale
- tactile cells - touch
what is in stratum spinosum?
- keratinocytes attatched by desmosomes
- epidermal dendritic cells
what is in stratum granulosum?
- 3-5 layers of keratinocytes
- nucleus and organelles start breaking up
what is in stratum lucidum?
- 2-3 layers of flat translucent cells
- only in thick skin
what is in the stratum corneum?
- most superficial
- 20-30 corneocytes
- dead skin cells
what is in the papillary layer?
- areolar CT
- dermal papillae interlock with epidermis
- contains sense receptors
what is in the reticular layer?
- dense irregular CT
- very vasculer
- highly innervated
what are the sensory receptors?
- meissner's corpuscles
- pacinian corpuscles
- free nerve endings
what do the meisnner's corpuscles do?
what do the pacinian corpuscles do?
- reticular region and h ypodermis
what do the free nerve endings do?
- epidermis and dermis
what does the ceruminous secrete?
what does sudoriferous secrete?