Search and Rescue
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the search priorities at a multi-storey building fire?
- First - immediate fire area and rest of floor
- Second - area directly above the fire
- Third - top floor down to floor above fire
- Fourth - areas below the fire
What are the two types of searches?
- Primary - quick attempt to locate any potential victims who are in danger
- Secondary - thorough search conducted after the situation is under control
When would you use a lifeline rope to conduct a search?
In larges areas such as underground parking garages, warehouses, tunnels, etc.
How many lifelines can you use at a time and how long would the total rope be?
2 lifelines @ 45 m long = 90 m total lifeline
What does search and rescue equipment consist of?
- Portable radio
- Hand light or flashlight
- Forcible entry tools
- Hose lines
- Thermal imaging devices
- Long ropes
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview