ACSM HFS Certification - Chapter 1
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The front of the body; ventral
Below the surface and not relatively close to the surface
Furthest point in distance from a given anatomical reference point
Away from the head; lower
Away from the midline of the body; to the side
Toward the midline of the body
The back of the body; dorsal
Closest point in distance to a given anatomical reference point
Located close to or on the body surface
Toward the head; higher
divides the body into right and left side
Frontal (Coronal) Plane
divides the body into anterior and posterior portions
divides the body into superior and inferior portions
What are the 7 functions of the cardiovascular system?
- 1. transport oxygenated blood from the lungs to tissues and deoxygenated blood from the tissues to the lungs
- 2. distribute nutrients to cells
- 3. remove metabolic waste
- 4. regulate pH
- 5. transport hormones and enzymes to regulate physiological function
- 6. maintain fluid volume to prevent dehydration
- 7. maintain body temperature by absorbing and redistributing heat
How many chambers does the heart have?
What are the superior chambers of the heart called?
What are the inferior chambers of the heart called?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview